Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

I would like to introduce you to my new little girl. She is only 11 lbs., which means she beats my biggest baby, Samuel, by only 6 ounces. Her name is Viola Isabelle, in honour of my paternal grandmother, although she is well known as a Singer, 222K. My grandmother left a legacy for me to admire and to follow. She passed away shortly before my 8th birthday, but I have strong memories of her. Her sewing, cooking and love of helping others has stuck with me. Years after my grandmother's passing, I would meet older people and they would ask me if I was related to 'Kelly' as she was affectionately known. When they found out I was her granddaughter, they would tell me what a wonderful woman she was and list off remarkable characteristics, which stuck with me. I was so proud to be linked with my grandmother, I wanted to live up to those same wonderful qualities she was known to have. I can't say that I measure up to them, but at least I know I have tried to aspire to them.



Catching up and sharing on some projects.


Here are some pictures of Samuel and Joel working hard on some gift bags to give as Christmas gifts to family members. It was fun using the new/old machine, and Viola worked very well for us. The boys did a great job on the bags. Olivia was off at the Nutcracker with her big sister, cousin and auntie. Olivia will help us later this week, to do a bit more sewing. I am so glad these children enjoy sewing. :)






I decided to try to learn a bit more of knitting. I had learned a few basics over the years, but have never really had the time to devote to learning the craft. After seeing a very basic pattern, I decided to give it a try and have been having loads of fun, whipping these up.









Here is Miss Olivia, in her Christmas Regency dress. Her bonnet and spencer were made for Easter, over a year ago. We decided to make a dress that would go well with the spencer and bonnet, as she is nearly out of her spencer and she has fun wearing it.

Well, that's is for crafting updates.

Merry Christmas and may your day be focused on God's Son, Jesus Christ, and his love for us.



2 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Love to see the kids sewing!

I love the new regency dress - my girls have about outgrown theirs! I guess I better get to the fabric store!

DeliveringGrace said...

Great shawls and what an heirloom-isn't it good that your children can sew on it.
Hope you had a good Christmas.