Tuesday, October 26, 2010

In Progress

The dress is being worked on. There was a problem with the pattern which has slowed me way down. I put the sleeves on the dress only to find out when I did a fitting with Olivia, the sleeves are not long enough. Apparently there was a problem with the plotter machine and so the sleeve was made much shorter then it was designed. No big deal, except I used French seams on the armholes, along with everywhere else, so I have a lot of unpicking to do if I am going to put new sleeves on the dress. In the mean time, I have been working on the bodiced petticoat for the dress.

The bodiced petticoat is being made out of linen. Olivia is very excited and looking forward to her new dress.

Hopefully I will have this done soon. :)


No comments: