Thursday, November 11, 2010

WIFD Day 5 Nov. '10

While today is WIFD Day 5, it is also a more important day, Remembrance Day.

Top on our list of things to do today, was to attend the local Remembrance Day ceremony.

Here's a picture of Olivia and I after we left the ceremony and were about to get into the vehicle. The second picture is upon our return home.




Here is a picture of Olivia being held by her father so she can try to see the ceremony going on. The place was full. Standing room only by the time we arrived. It was great to see the place so full.



I am wearing a skirt I made from Burda 8213. This was the first one I made so it was my muslin, but seeing how well it fit and liked the colours, I kept it as a part of my wardrobe. It is made from a polyester, linen-like fabric, not actual linen. That's OK, I wear my linen slip made from the same pattern, underneath, and that helps a great deal. :) I am wearing my same boots from yesterday....old....and a cotton tank with another rayon jersey sweater over top.

Miss Olivia is wearing her 8th Birthday Dress that I made this last January for her. She has on a lovely cotton cardigan to go with it and her trusty hand me down Joche boots.

Here are a couple pictures from the ceremony today. We were surprised at how full the turnout was for this event. I think there were far more people then they intended to show up. The people standing were more in number then those sitting, which was a great thing to see.

To those who serve or have served I want to personally say, THANK YOU!

Carol

Sorry for the blurry pictures.....




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again...just lovely! :)

M.