Saturday, May 14, 2011

Another Oliver + S Shirred Popover Sundress

I have been busy sewing various items for young girls. I have made another Oliver + S shirred popover sundress, 4 pairs of pantaloons and a swimdress. The swimdress is the only thing for Olivia. The other items will be gifted to other girls.

For the pantaloons, I used unbleached muslin and cotton lace. They are great for putting under dresses and skirts for little girls to play hard and keep them dressed modestly. ;) I like to use that pattern to pair up with the Girls' Regency Dress Pattern to make lovely pj sets, such as this old picture of Olivia in her Regency nightgown and pantloons, all made from flannel. :)

The shirred popover sundress is made from a quilting cotton and lined with unbleached muslin. I made the navy bias tape from a cotton twill fabric. I was able to perfect my shirring technique with this dress and I'm loving it! I was doubly pleased to find out I could shirr two fabrics together, allowing me to be able to line the dress beautifully! I see lots more shirred items in my future. They are wonderful for making garments more flexible in fit. I can see this being a great way to make garments for girls who are developing into young women.

I have several other items cut out and hopefully will be able to sew them up this week. I will add swimdress pictures just as soon as I get my model to put them on so I can snap some pictures. :) They were finished in time for her swim classes, but we haven't had time to take pictures. :)


No comments: