Ice Cream Social Dress Pattern . I made the dress from a medium weight embroidered cotton twill. I chose to change the pattern up a bit. I lengthened the dress by 4", adding the 4" between the bottom of the middle section and the hem of the dress.
For the yoke, I added 1/2" to the bottom of it, so that I could assemble the yoke differently. After reading some of the reviews on the forums for the Oliver + S site I knew I wanted to do things a little differently. By adding the extra 1/2" to the bottom of the yoke, I was able to assemble the back yoke pieces slightly differently. I was able to stop my sewing 1" before the end of the center back yoke pieces. That left me with 1" to sew the back pieces together, giving the yoke a solid seam line, allowing me to put the dress back piece in much easier. I will try to explain this and show pictures in my next posting on the dress.
The dress assembles together easily. I am playing with this pattern to get ideas for making dresses for Destiny Dresses and to do so in a way that is simple and quick. This is an excellent pattern, easily put together with clear instructions. The length for the dress is short for my liking, but that is easily adjusted. :)