It's time again for Kid's Clothes Week. I had forgotten about it until the other day. I'm late at getting started, but I figured better late than never. I may not make the whole week, but I'm giving it an honest try. Today I prepped the pattern, the fabric, cut out and stitched up most of the dress.
Olivia picked out this fabric and really liked the bright, stripes, so I decided to make a T-shirt dress with it. The dress form is not set up for Olivia's measurements, it's a couple sizes smaller than she is. I used the Oliver + S pattern, Women's Metro T-Shirt, and changed it up a bit. Instead of using the smaller size for children, I decided to use the women's sized shirt, and made a few changes to it. I made a t-shirt for Olivia from this pattern, before she went off to camp, so I knew how it fit her and what changes I wanted to make.
Changes I made to the pattern:
I used the size M through the shoulders and then size L for the width. The M fits, but it's too snug for my liking, so I wanted the shirt to have a more relaxed fit. I shortened the bodice in the waist by 1", and then of course cut off the rest of the length of the shirt and added a skirt. I also added width and a tiny bit of length to the neckband.
Another dress from the pattern is in the works for tomorrow. :) Olivia is also thinking of a couple of art ideas she wants to dry for a garment or two.
Good Night....... :)